Applying coatings to your flat roof will protect your roof from wear and tear and deterioration. New flat roof coatings should be applied every 3-10 years depending on what product is used.
Many roofs can be coated to extend their life. Here are some reasons to consider flat roof coatings:
- Extra protection from leaks
- Extends the life of the roof
- Reflective coatings provide energy savings by reflecting heat and UV raysaway from the
- Improves comfort inside the building by reflecting the sun’s rays away from the roof,
keeping the roof and the building cooler
- Improves aesthetics
- Less disruptive than a tear-off
- Cost effective: Roof coatings are often less expensive than other options; rebates may be available and might be written off as an expense in year one (see an accountant for details)
Most flat roofs are not perfectly sloped, causing water to puddle in some areas, in particular around the drains and scuppers. Many roof coatings are not rated or warranted for “ponding water,” and thus might fail prematurely if exposed to standing water over long periods of time.
Serious consideration should be given to the performance and limitations of the coating being selected. Typically, manufacturers for acrylic roof coatings do not include warranties for ponding water, while some polyurethane roof coatings manufacturers will.
Applying A Reflective White or Aluminum Roof Coating
By applying a reflective white or aluminum roof coating, not only will you extend the life of your roof, you reduce the temperature on your roof anywhere from 30 to 60 degrees, saving on energy costs!
Call us today to get an estimate on our flat roof coating services!